Thursday, October 11, 2012

Next Saturday Move

So goodbye New York, hello California. I'm making another move to California  and this time I THINK I'll stay in the West Coast. But really who knows with me... So your question is probably, "Jaryn, why are you moving to California?" And really its because I need more schooling underneath my belt. Its too hard out there these days to just have your undergrad. To all those studying useless majors I say, " rethink studying basket weaving, and think about studying something that you can come out with a job." I'm serious though. So here's my plan: Go back home get certified as a CNA. Gather up a ton of hours working at a hospital. Then I need to take a few more classes, while I take the GRE. After that apply to an accelerated nursing program and PA school. Then I will cross my fingers and pray I get into something. We shall see what happens.
Things I'll miss in New York:
1. My sister Jill and her little family
2. The city life aka the shopping, food, and entertainment
3. My friend Becca Ricks and her Mom
4. New Yorkers ( They may be hard tough people, but they are the coolest cats around)
5. Westchester county (I know why Beyonce lives here)
6. Feeling independent on the subway when I give people directions
7. Fall in New York ( Its becoming more and more beautiful every day)
8. Thinking I spotted celebrities ( I swear that guy on the subway looked just like Ryan Gosling)
9. Some of my coworkers
10. And the possibility of something new and exciting

2 comments:

  1. Good luck J! I like you on either coast. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice to see you again Jaryn! Your plan sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete